Sunday 24 May 2015

Demolition Day 1

Well actually it was only half a day - Saturday, May 23rd because I went to do the Eaton Park Park Run but after 3km bursitis in my left hip made it impossible to continue.

It also made the rest of the day rather harder work than it needed to have been.

First the electrics needed to be disconnected.  A whole raft of wires and connection boxes sat above the kitchen door which needed careful dismantling and insulating.



Then a general dismantling of shelves, hooks, etc to see what could be salvaged before the messy stuff started.



Eventually I began to attack the georgian wired class roof.  there are ten 8' panels, all puttied in and sealed with a self-adhesive silver waterproofing tape and small nails.  it was very messy and by the time I the Eurovision Song Contest (won by Sweden with a totally forgettable song) started, I had removed 3.

On Sunday it rained.   Still, on the bright side, it may keep the dust down when I start to break up the concrete and bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment