Wednesday 27 May 2015

Demolition Day 4

A new day dawned bright and sunny, and after a trip to empty the trailer at the tip, more bricks came down and the final part of the roof was removed and burned.
 The inside wall came down without a problem. and the roof, once loosened, came down using little more than gravity.
 I cut the outer wall in line with the end of the bricks using an angle grinder so I didn't dislodge the bricks with the breaker.  It worked well.
 The cavity however, is only 2" (50mm) wide with no insulation, so I have a feeling that I may not be able to retain this wall and it may need to come down.
 This would probably also mean taking up the foundations and laying new ones, 50mm wider to accommodate the wider wall.
Finally an email from the architects to say the confusion about the glass area had been resolved and we are now clear for starting the project - just as well really - I'd hate to put it all back together again now!

No comments:

Post a Comment